J.MAK doesn’t think it’s all about just a great hotel room. There is much more to it, where Hospitality meets Personality. Please meet the Personalities behind the Hospitality of these great places and spaces. J.MAK Hospitality is a brand that emphasizes the importance of relationships, social media, constant activity, and most importantly, success. J.MAK helps clients find their individual flair, relax, feel confident and stand out from the herd. Clients learn to trust their instinct and create their mark, focusing on what makes their property or service so attractive and unique. We work together combining our passion for the industry that is so deeply embedded in us.
The mission is simple:
- Contact identified travel industry partners to build relationships, increase reservations, and awareness.
- Organize creative sales calls and events consistently and enthusiastically.
- Share a comprehensive database of key clients in relative markets.
- Create close working relationships with other J.MAK properties and partners.
- Actively promote Hospitality. Personality. – exemplified in each J.MAK Personality to top tier U.S. media and influencers.
The J.MAK Team
Sue Ferguson comes to J.MAK as a seasoned road warrior, having worked with J.MAK as a hotel partner for many years SU.MAK knows how to handle all kinds of Hospitality Personalities! She and J.MAK share the same passion and excellence in promoting small, upscale hotels, and working closely with their clients. Sue has had extensive experience in the Caribbean and European markets, specializing in sales, marketing and reservations. Sue splits her time between Darien, CT and Pebble Beach, CA.
Bonnie Scott joins J.MAK with over 15 years of Hospitality Personality behind her! BON.E has experience on property at hotels such as the Plaza, Soho and Tribeca Grand in NYC as well as off property with luxury hotel brand experience. Bonnie is a New York City native, enjoys exercise, eating healthy, and is recently engaged to be married!
Alex Pangelinan is a hotel and travel professional with over 20 years of hotel experience both in global sales and on property. A.PAN has worked for luxury brands based in North America, Asia and Europe with hotels all around the globe. His favorite part of the industry, besides the traveling, is helping others make the most of their travel experiences. Alex recently moved to New Zealand with his partner and his two Labradoodles, known as “The Doods,” and will handle the Asia-Pacific region for J.MAK.
Max Hoener comes to J.MAK with nearly 10 years of hospitality experience, most notably at Auberge Resorts. Now known as J.MAX, he loves being able to work in all aspects of the hospitality and travel industries, while using this knowledge, to guide the perfect travel experiences. With a deep passion for adventure sports in the great outdoors, Max grew up in New York, leaving after high school to pursue mountains, sports and college in Colorado. After college, charity work and skiing took him around the world and a passion for hospitality ensued. J.MAX lives in the Hudson Valley with his fiancée and their beloved dog Kody Rae, a Border Collie/Blue Heeler, who loves mountain biking and skiing with J.MAX
J.MAK goes Euro and welcomes Dolores Bertos better known as D.BER based in Europe! Born and raised in Barcelona, and currently living in Lugano, Switzerland, Dolores enjoys spending time with her better half and their 4 year old boy! D.BER has dealt with J.MAK before and is fluent in 5 languages, English, Italian, French, Spanish and Catalan so J.MAK has no idea what she is saying half of the time! D.BER is a true Hospitality Personality, great at building relationships and has over 15 years’ experience in the hospitality industry. She has worked in Switzerland, Spain, Belgium, France, Italy and the UK. She loves traveling, meeting with friends, and dinner parties!
We can’t do it alone. The key is a strong partnership!
Jon D. Makhmaltchi
- Vice President Worldwide Sales & Development, Area Director, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Los Angeles/New York, 2004-2012
- Director of Sales and Marketing, The Carneros Inn, Napa Valley, California, 2003-2004 (Opening DOSM)
- Director of Sales and Marketing, The Huntington Hotel and Nob Hill Spa, San Francisco, 1999-2003
- Sales Manager, Hyatt Hotels of San Francisco, 1994-1999
- Carriage Trade Association Member, San Francisco, 2009-present