Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa . Cape Cod . Massachusetts .
Chatham Bars Inn is a 217 room/suite oceanfront resort and spa located on Cape Cod. It is a member of Leading Hotels of the World, Virtuoso, Signature Travel Network, and American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts. It is located approximately 90 miles from both BOS and PVD Airports and 25 miles from HYA Airport. Chatham Bars Inn is a luxury coastal resort destination with world-renowned service, incredible spa amenities, amazing cuisine, the best in leisure activities, and Eco-Tourism. Starting November 1st Chatham Bars Inn will be pen Wednesday – Sunday only.
CHATHAM BARS INN - Wellness Measures
Additional Details for Guests of the Inn
Employee & Guest Health Concerns
Employees are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are instructed to contact a manager if they notice a coworker or guest with a cough, shortness of breath, or other known symptoms of COVID-19. Employees and guests who are exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19 while at the property are instructed to immediately notify their manager (employees) or hotel MOD and Executive Office (guests). All employees who expose themselves to travelling will undergo a 2-week self-quarantine before starting/returning to work.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory. Every employee entering the resort will be provided a mask and required to wear that mask while on property. Gloves will be provided to employees whose responsibilities require them as determined by medical experts including housekeeping and public area attendants, guest services and guest relations in direct contact with guests.
Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property. Restaurant tables, and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing. Employees will be reminded not to touch their faces and to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from guests and other employees whenever possible. All resort outlets will comply with, or exceed, local or state mandated occupancy limits.
Bell Services & Valet
• A Valet will greet each visitor to the hotel. Appropriate signage will also be prominently displayed outlining proper mask usage and current physical distancing practices in use throughout the hotel. Guest will be offered hand sanitizer and direction to the Front Desk. Escort to the room will be provided after registration in a separate vehicle.
• Guests will enter the hotel through doors that are opened by a team member.
• Team members will not open the doors of cars or taxis.
• Guests requesting bell service will be assisted and the bell cart will be sanitized after each guest is assisted.
• If guests are staying in a cottage the luggage will be placed prior to guests entering their room.
• Guests are asked to use the elevator with family unit or single guest only.
• Employees will not be sharing the elevator with guests when assisting with luggage.
• Self-parking will be allowed to minimize the risk for employees and guests.
• Team members will wear gloves and a mask when valeting vehicles.
• FOB/Keys will be sanitized once received from the guest.
• Team members will wipe down door handles, steering wheel and gear shifter before entering vehicle.
• Lexus Vehicles will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each use.
• No more than four guests will be permitted per SUV and no more than two guests will be permitted per sedan. Guests will not be permitted in the front passenger seat.
• All Vehicles will be equipped with extra cleaning materials and disposable PPE (face masks and gloves).
Front Desk & Concierge
• UV Box disinfecting machines (8.5” x 4.1” x 2.8”) that will be able to clean any keys and credit cards that may come in contact with a guest during check-in.
• We are working with IT to specify our REMOTE programming of guest keys in that keys can be activated for guest rooms without coming into direct contact with any person.
• Curbside check-in will be available to all guests as a check-in option.
• Zoom and Facetime meeting times will be available to guests who may still want a face to face interaction with a concierge to confirm bookings.
• We are no longer recycling our Key Packets (given to guests at check-in). They will be planted once returned by our guests as they are compostable and have wildflower seeds in them.
• PPE amenity kits will be provided to guests for their use while staying at the resort. PPE amenity will include personal use disinfecting gel, nitrile rubber gloves and a mask.
• Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and blood borne pathogens. We use Ecolab’s Peroxide Multi-Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant and Ecolab’s Heavy-Duty Alkaline Bathroom Cleaner and Disinfectant both of which have a 5-minute kill time as recommended by the CDC.
• Guests will not be present in the room while cleaning of hotel rooms; guest room attendants will offer to return at an alternate time for occupied rooms to minimize contact for both the employee and the guest.
• Complete cleaning and disinfecting will take place in each guest room including desks, counter tops, tables and chairs, phones, iPads and TV remotes, thermostats, cabinetry, pulls and hardware, doors and doorknobs, bathroom vanities and accessories, bathroom fixtures and hardware, windows, mirrors and frames, lights and lighting controls, closets, hangers and other amenities.
• Employees to sanitize the following areas at least once per hour: elevator in the Main Inn, Main Inn entry doors, stair handrails and hallways, high touch points in the Lobby, Concierge, South Lounge and Library.
• The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk check-in counters, bell desks, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, the ATM, stair handrails and seating areas.
• All bed linen and laundry will continue to be washed at a high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines.
• In the event of presumptive case of COVID-19 the guest’s room will be removed from service and quarantined. The guest room will not be returned to service until case has been confirmed or cleared. In the event of a positive case, the room will only be returned to service after undergoing an enhanced sanitization protocol by a licensed third-party expert.
• The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized.
• Employees and guest will follow appropriate recommended distancing protocols for activities. Number of participants for activities will be lowered for indoor activities to allow for appropriate distancing guidelines. Emphasis will be placed on making more outdoor activities available through the Recreation and Kids Crew programming so team members and guests can safely participate in these activities.
• Team members will wipe down and sanitize each game and recreation item after use. Guests will be asked to return items to a team member who will clean and sanitize items before they are put out for use by another guests or team member.
• This includes each lawn game and sporting equipment such as Cornhole boards, bocce ball, horseshoes, ladder ball, football, soccer ball, frisbee, all Archery Tag items including bows, arrows, inflatables and craft items such as paint brushes, baskets, piggy banks, wooden tables, etc.
• All staff members will always be wearing appropriate PPE for every activity.
• All Recreation Staff including activities, tennis and Kids Crew will remain 6-8 feet away from guests at all time.
• Each guest will be met with a courteous smile, friendly wave, and then a “good morning, good afternoon, etc. from 6-8 feet away at all times.
• Guest activities on the South Lawn will be limited to 12 people (or small families). Games will be spread out all over the South Lawn area including outside the fence to ensure each person has enough space to enjoy comfortably whatever game or activity is going on.
• Our complimentary bikes will be wiped down and sanitized when returned by the guest after each use to ensure they are ready and fit for the next rider. This will be done by our full-time bike shop attendant.
• Tennis racquets and the Tennis Shop itself including register, computer, counter space, and all merchandize will be cleaned continuously by our Tennis Pro Shop attendants and instructors to ensure the area and the clinics are safe to use.
• Larry the Lobster “Lobstah” sightings will still be done but without high fiving or hugging or by making any contact whatsoever. Larry will simply walk by with his handler 6 feet away, wave, and take pictures from a distance.
Kids Crew Daytime Program
• Complimentary day sessions (10am-12pm and 12:30pm-2:30pm) will each be limited to 6 children per age group and counselor/designated activity area.
• Private daytime childcare services are also available.
• Kids Crew Staff will spray/sanitize and wipe down Alden/Eldridge rooms continuously to ensure the area is completely clean and safe to use including tables, chairs, doorknobs, bathroom sink and faucets, all writing utensils such as pens and pencils, craft equipment, games, Wii and Wii games and remote control, all toys and Pop-A-Shot basketballs.
Evening Childcare Service
• Hours of evening childcare services are 5pm – 9pm for children aged 4 - 12.
• A questionnaire will be provided to note preferences for each family and review the childcare service.
• Pricing is $26 per hour for up to 3 children per sitter. There is a 24-hour cancellation policy.
Dining – Restaurants & Bars
• New service options include Dinner on the Lawn, Picnic Lunch Baskets and In-Room White Glove Service.
• Seating capacity has been reduced in all restaurants and bars based on CDC recommendations.
• At the completion of a dining service, the table, chairs and menus will be sanitized prior to the next seating.
• Check presenters, votive, pens to be sanitized after each use. Guest credit card will be sanitized after payment is processed.
• All buffet and self-serve style dining has been modified to be individually plated and served.
• The spacing of tables in all restaurants has been adjusted to allow for six feet between tables.
• Hostesses and managers to manage social distancing at entries, waiting areas and queues.
• Beverage napkins will not be provided with drink service.
• Individually wrapped straws will be provided upon request.
• Menus and Beverage Lists will be sanitized after each use.
• All Chatham Bars Inn Restaurants and Bars will have TerraSlate Waterproof Menus. Menus are high- grade polyester and do not have any layers which means they will never delaminate, crack, peel, or fray at the corners. They are FDA Food Contact Safe, colorfast and can be both sanitized and washed with soap and water.
• Individual sanitizer wipes (Sani Professional) will be placed at each place setting and will also be provided at the conclusion of the meal.
In Room Dining
• All surfaces of human contact will be sanitized by team members after each guest interaction (this includes trays/mats, transit vehicles, master keys, etc.)
• IRD team will sanitize guest door handles before and after delivery.
• The cleaning products being used for all sanitation and disinfecting are Purell and Sani Professional.
• In-Room Dining server will provide either Disposable White Glove Service, Dining on the Lawn Service, or Contactless Delivery for our guests.
• Disposable White Glove Service:
• Typical setting of the meal space in the guest room will be provided for guests upon request.
• Disposable white gloves and face masks will be used for every interaction and changed in between each guest interaction.
• Food will be served with typical china plateware and metal flatware.
• Dining on the Lawn:
• Typical setting of meal space, but outside on a lawn space adjacent to guest room.
• Will be set with one table and six chairs. (more chairs available upon request)
• Set-up fee will be included with service.
• Must be arranged with In-Room Dining at least 24 hours in advance.
• Food will be served with typical china plate ware and metal flatware.
• Contactless Delivery:
• Guests who would prefer to have their food delivered without any human contact can ask for contactless delivery service.
• All items placed in to-go containers, delivered at a specified time, and left outside the guest’s door.
• Food will either be disposed of by guest, or upon request by the Food and Beverage or Housekeeping teams.
• All pickups will be verbalized over the phone and scheduled with either the Food and Beverage or Housekeeping teams.
Catering & Conference
• All shared equipment and meeting amenities to be sanitized before and after each use or be single use if not able to be sanitized.
• The cleaning products being used for all sanitation and disinfecting are Purell and Sani Professional.
• All linen, including underlays, to be replaced after each use.
• Conference tables will be sanitized before setting up the meeting supplies on the table. During the break/breakouts the Conference Service team will sanitize the tables and chairs.
• Meeting room doors, markers, remotes, heat/AC buttons will be sanitized at the start/conclusion of the event.
• All tabletop items including blotters, pens, pads, water bottle will be sanitized at the beginning and end of event. Employees will wear gloves when placing those items onto each setting.
• All tabletop items may be placed on a separate table in the meeting room as a station for the guests’ use as an alternate option to being placed on tables.
• Coffee Stations: Coffee break urns and all shared equipment will be sanitized before the beverage station opens, during the service (once every hour) and after the service.
• All buffet and self-serve style events to be suspended until further notice.
• All food and beverage items to be individually plated and served.
• Coffee and other break items to be attended and served by a banquet server.
• Flatware to be provided as a roll-up.
• Condiments to be served in individual packages.
• Seating capacities and floor plans to be reviewed on an event by event basis to ensure appropriate physical distancing that follows CDC guidelines.
• Physically distanced floor plans have been developed for Hotel Sales & Conference Team use.
• Modified menus have been created to showcase styles of service and items currently available.
• Sanitization and deep cleaning of treatment rooms, locker rooms, fitness center, and all common areas using products that the CDC recommends will be continuously performed.
• Attendants will have a strong presence, and will be consistently sanitizing high touch surfaces such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, writing utensils, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, lockers, hangers etc.
• An additional 15 minutes will be added to treatment time for staff to strip and sanitize rooms between treatments.
• Hand Sanitizer, wipes, and/or alcohol will be available at Spa Front Desk, in Locker Rooms, Relaxation Room, Fitness Center and all Treatment Rooms.
• All testers of products have been removed from our retail area.
• A limited number of guests will be allowed in the Spa, based on recommendations from local and state health departments.
• Social distancing will be common practice at the Spa. Furniture in relaxation room will be spread apart, as well as lounge chairs set up by the pool so that guests can remain 6 feet apart.
• Only a certain number of guests will be allowed in the lobby checking in or out based on being 6 feet apart. Our attendants and concierge team will guide guests through this process.
• Services will be limited to what can be performed safely with gloves and masks on. We will encourage our guests to have Massages, Nail Treatments and Body Treatments. Facials will only be performed when the local and state health departments deem it safe to do so and what that would look like.
• All staff will wear masks.
• Staff will wash or properly sanitize hands in the presence of guests prior to any service.
• Staff will wash hands often including between treatments, after blowing one’s nose, coughing, or sneezing, after using the restroom, before eating or preparing food, after contact with phones, computers, writing utensils, and other personal items.
• We will share with guests that we have the options to have services outside in Cabanas or potentially pool side.
• We will collect credit card information over the phone and or charge rooms to limit any contact with the concierge desk.
• Front desk staff will wear a different pair of gloves for each guest purchasing and packaging retail products.
• Our Laundry is professionally cleaned by Cape Cod Commercial Linen. The products they use to launder our linen and towels are EPA-approved for use against COVID-19.
• Safety procedures will be posted throughout the Spa.
• An App will be available for guests to order food on their own devices.
• Touchless soap dispensers will be placed by all sinks.
• All boat trips will be made private charters, no mixed party trips.
• All complimentary beach shuttle trips will be scheduled, private trips only, no mixed parties. Lobstar to be used in conjunction with Bartender on busy days.
• Both ropes will be left up not only at the top of the ramp but at the top of the stairs. Guest will be escorted by dock master down the pier to the dock when their boat is ready for their trip - one party at a time.
• When a guest approaches the pier, the dock master will meet them at the rope and confirm their name and charter. Once it is safe for the guest to walk down the pier the dock master will drop the rope and escort the guest to the dock and onto the boat. Only one private charter will be allowed on the pier and dock at one time. Other parties can wait on the beach in front of the pier. The open beach will provide room for different parties to social distance from each other.
• Unless necessary for emergency reasons, captains will stay at the helm and wheel of the vessel thus giving the guest the option to sit in the forward seating or aft seating. Approximately 6 feet apart.
• All boats, gear, tackle, life jackets, etc. will be sanitized before a guest boards a vessel.
• Staff will wear PPE and Buffs to protect the guest.
• Hand sanitizer will be available in the cup holder that the guest may use without touching anything.
• Any food and beverage that is ordered by the guest will be packaged for the guest only and delivered to the boat. Items will be placed in a cooler on the boat before guests arrive.
• Every morning before the first trip the handrails, pier and dock will be washed down with fresh water, scrubbed with a “Boat Zoap” and bleach mixture and rinsed with fresh water.
Includes Pool, Beach and Cabanas
• When a guest approaches the pool gate or beach attendant station, the attendant will be separated by the podium or beach attendant station giving proper social distancing from the guest. Once the attendant has confirmed they are hotel guests or a member they will be introduced to the beach or pool attendant who will escort them to their chairs at a safe distance.
• The guest will be asked to stop when they are 6 feet from the chaise lounges to maintain social distancing from the staff while they set up their chairs. At this time, the employee who will be wearing gloves and proper mask will remove the towels and chair covers from the plastic wrap that comes from the laundry and set up their chairs with clean chair covers and towels.
• Once the chairs are set, the staff member will back up and allow the guest to take their seat, from a safe distance they can perform all necessary communications and answer questions.
• If the guest does not want to have the attendant set up their chairs the attendant will escort the guest to the chairs at a safe distance and the guest may set up their own chair covers and towels.
•. Staff will wear PPE, gloves, masks and Buffs to protect the guest.
• Hand sanitizer will be available at the sunscreen stations both at the pool and beach.
• Each cabana will have a small vessel with a supply of hand sanitizer and wipes for their use.
• All pool cabana side curtains will be closed to protect guests from the guests in the cabana next to them
• All chaise lounges on the front decks of the cabanas will be pulled towards the center of the cabana to ensure 6 feet between guests in the cabana front deck next to them.
• Pool chaise lounges on the main deck will be separated out so there is 6 feet in front of, behind and next to the guest without any other guest in that space. Couples and families may have their chairs next to each other but will still have the 6-foot space on all four sides to separate them from other guests.
• Beach cabanas will be separated by 10 feet or more.
• All beach chaise lounges will be set up with 6 feet or more spaces on all 4 sides around any single, couple or family that is set up.
• If a guest requests an item to be delivered to them by a beach and pool attendant the staff will be wearing mask and gloves and deliver the item to the guest on a sanitized tray. The guest will remove the item from the tray and the employee will not come in contact with the guest.
• Every morning all the pool and beach cabanas, chaise lounges, tables and umbrellas will be sprayed down with the “EvaClean Protexus Professional Cordless Electrostatic Backpack Sprayer” which is a touchless sanitizing and disinfection system designed for maximum flexibility and is easily adaptable to any protocol. It disinfects large areas in a short amount of time.
• Bath house men’s and ladies room will be sanitized before the pool opens for the day and every half hour until the pool closes by using a bleach-based solution and scrub brush to clean showers, doors, door handles, inside and outside of toilets, sinks, countertops, and floors. A peroxide-based cleaner will be used for mirrors.
Tennis & Tennis Pro Shop
• All players will adhere to social distancing of 6-feet apart.
• Group Lessons will include a maximum 4 players per court.
• During both clinics and private lessons only the pro handles and picks up (with a basket) the balls. Guests will only use their racquets to steer balls into the net for pick-up and will not handle balls or baskets.
• Disinfecting will take place regularly throughout with focus on high touch areas such as computers, doors, doorknobs, light fixtures, countertops, pens, equipment, gate handles, etc.
• To maintain the 6-foot requirement, only one customer and one salesperson will be in Shops at a time.
• Preventative measures: protective clear acrylic guard panels at cash wrap station in both Shops.
• Policy of no trying on of garments and no returns, at least temporarily.
• Sales staff to wear a mask and gloves. Gloves should be changed frequently. Guests/customers to wear a protective face mask while in either Shop.
• Disinfectant wipe down of all surfaces in each Shop between each guest or customer
• A complete disinfectant wipe down of all surfaces in each Shop will be performed at least 4 times daily, including floors, before opening, mid-morning or before lunch break, mid-afternoon, and end of day.
• At end of day, in each Shop and each inventory room, follow a more complete and thorough sanitizing and cleaning procedure---all surfaces, floors, hanger tops, computers and check out stations, anything that has been touched, door handles and surfaces.
Wellness Measures are subject to change based on guidance from the Center for Disease Control, MA Department of Public Health, American Hotel Lodging Association, International Spa Association and all other applicable government authorities.