We are delighted to announce that Ladera Resort, St Lucia is welcoming guests to the Resort!
St Lucia has made it convenient to visitthe Island, only requiring a printed Negative PCR COVID-19 test,taken within 7 days of arrival to St. Lucia.
Learn More About Ladera's COVID-19Enhancements and Protocols
We are delighted to announce that Ladera Resort St Lucia is welcoming guests to the Resort. With the health, safety, comfort & well-being of Ladera’s guests, employees, partners and community, as our priority, we are pleased to introduce the “Ladera Angelfish Team”. As Angelfish keep our oceans clean and add beauty to the Caribbean Reefs, the “Ladera Angelfish Team” will be reinforcing the many enhancements we have made to our sanitizing protocols while keeping and enhancing the luxury, beauty, romance, wellness, sustainability and exceptional personalized service for which Ladera is known.
The “Ladera Angelfish Team” is responsible for ensuring all Ladera staff receive and implement COVID-19 training, the Ladera Resort is COVID-19 approved by the country of St Lucia and the new Forbes protocols for continuing excellence in service are implemented throughout the resort. Guests will see “Angelfish Ambassadors” throughout the resort, providing extra sanitizing for high traffic areas and offering additional support to guests. They will have Ladera Tech Wipes to clean cell phones, Personalized Hand Sanitizers, Masks and other items that might be needed. Sensor Activated Sanitizers are at every entry point at the resort and many additional locations.
Ladera’s Digital Technology is assisting with the transition to an enhanced sanitized and safe environment such as the “Ladera Electronic Wristbands” for suite entry. In every suite, “Ladera In-Suite Tablets” provide guests with menus, excursion information, resort information, and communication options with the Ladera staff. In addition, all guests receive a “Ladera VIP Cell Phone” for use during their stay that calls directly to the front desk or personal butler from anywhere on the island. The guest’s stay is tailored to have as much or little staff and guest interaction as they wish.
At this time, the St Lucia Government has a regulation stating that guests will be required to wear masks around employees and other guests. This will be enforced at Ladera, however, it is very easy to be mask-free because Ladera Suites are designed for guests to enjoy their personal private pool, the breathtaking view of the Pitons, unlimited fresh air and all the culinary delights from Dasheene they may wish, from inside their own suite. Even the Ladera Ridge Hike is possible to do mask-free.
The Government of St. Lucia, currently requires the following at the St Lucia airports, subject to change:
- A printed Negative PCR COVID-19 test that was taken within 7 days of arrival at the St. Lucia Airport.
- Prior to arrival at the airport, the following form needs to be completed for each guest online – St Lucia mandatory online Pre-arrival Travel Registration Form
- In addition, guests will be screened at the airport for temperatures and signs of COVID-19. Please see the St Lucia Government Guidelines & Questions for traveling to St Lucia
We look forward to welcoming you to Ladera Resort St Lucia for Unforgettable Moments of a Lifetime!
We are closely monitoring government policy changes, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, government mandates, and public health advancements and will continue to make changes as necessary or appropriate to our protocols and procedures. We are in compliance with the Public Health Act and the Hotel Regulations Act of the Government of St. Lucia. We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for our Employees, Guest and Partners. St. Lucia has established a 3 phase program to ensure the safety of guests, employees and communities. St Lucia Government Guidelines & Questions for traveling to St Lucia
Ladera Resort Details
Employee & Guest Health
The health, safety, comfort & well-being of our guests, employees, partners, and community is our priority. Therefore, Ladera Resort has identified a COVID-19 Management Team, the “Ladera Angelfish Team”, who have been trained to ensure that the safety and sanitizing protocols are continuously practiced throughout the day. To support their roles, several processes and protocols have been implemented:
- All staff receive and implement the extensive COVID-19 training required by the government of St. Lucia, as well as the additional Ladera enhancements.
- All staff continue to train and adapt to the new Forbes protocols to ensure the personalized service and excellence Ladera is known for will remain the same.
Ladera Guest Welcome Experience begins at the Airport
- A resort representative will welcome guests with a “Ladera Sign“ once they have departed the doors from customs and will escort them to their private car transportation for Ladera Resort. This car service is included for all Ladera overnight guests. The driver will stay in the car and the resort representative will put the guest’s luggage into the car.
- The vehicle will have been inspected, sanitized and licensed to operate by the Tourism Authority of St. Lucia. In addition, these drivers will have been pre-approved by Ladera.
- The driver will greet the guests in the car with a “Ladera Welcome Bag”; which includes safety masks, cell phone tech wipes, hand sanitizers & a “COVID-19 Special Care Card”.
- Guests will arrive to the Ladera Welcome Guard at the resort who will do a quick non-invasive infrared temperature check without guests having to exit the car.
- When the guest has a temperature less than 100.0 degrees the guest will be provided with a “Special Care Wristband” and driven to the Ladera Welcome Gazebo.
- While guests are on their way to the welcome gazebo, the luggage will be sanitized in a “Luggage Sanitizing Tunnel” and then taken to the guest’s suite.
- At the Gazebo, guests will be greeted by a “Ladera Butler” with a refreshing Ladera Welcome Beverage. Please wear your mask. All guests are required to wear the mask when interacting with team members and other guests.
- At this time guests will receive their sanitized “Ladera Electronic Wristband’ for keyless entry into their suite.
- Ladera has taken all enhanced health and safety measures for Ladera guests and requests that guests please follow all posted guidelines while staying at the resort.
- In every suite, “Ladera In-Suite Tablets” provide guests with menus, excursion information, resort information, and communication options with the Ladera staff. VIP requests and room service orders may also be completed on the “Ladera In-Suite Tablet”
- Your designated “Angelfish Team Ambassadors” will review your VIP requests and choices regarding housekeeping, turn down service, room service, dinning, amenities among others to ensure your privacy and personal requests are implemented.
- Ladera will tailor each guest’s stay to include as little or as much guest and employee interaction to the preference of the guest.
Entrance Process to Ladera Resort
- Guests on Arrival
- Guests who pass the temperature test will be provided with a “Special Care Wristband” required to be used during their stay. When a guest exits the resort, the wristband will be discarded.
- Guests Returning to the Resort
- When returning to the resort the guest will arrive back to the Ladera Welcome Guard at the Resort who will do another quick non-invasive infrared temperature check without guests having to exit the car. When the guest has a temperature less than 100 degrees the guest will be provided with a new “Special Care Wristband” and driven to the Welcome Gazebo.
- Who pass the temperature screening, will get a “Special Care Wristband” required to wear during their entire shift. They will discard the wristband when they leave the resort. At this point they will have to sanitize and wash their hands.
- Taxi drivers and purveyors
- All taxi drivers and purveyors Who pass the temperature screening, will get a wristband required to wear while on property. They will discard the wristband when they leave the resort. At this point they will have to sanitize and wash their hands.
- Taxi drivers will wait for guest at their designated parking space.
Infrared thermometers and Process if someone has a fever over 100.0 °F
- Upon entering the property, the security team will conduct non- invasive temperature checks utilizing infrared thermometers.
- Anyone displaying a temperature over 100.0°F1 will be escorted to the Nurse Station for a secondary temperature screening.
- If an overnight guest is confirmed by the nurse to have a temperature over 100.0°F they will be directed to a designated isolation suite at Ladera for further medical assistance from the nurse.
- Ladera’s Employees confirmed to have a temperature over 100.0°F will be declined entrance to the property and will be directed to an appropriate medical care offsite.
- Any person that is not an overnight guest with a fever over 100.0 °F will be declined entrance to the resort.
Ladera Angelfish Team
As Angelfish keep our oceans clean and add beauty to the Caribbean Reefs, the “Ladera Angelfish Team” will be reinforcing the many enhancements we have made to our sanitizing protocols while keeping and enhancing the luxury, beauty, romance, wellness, sustainability and exceptional personalized service for which Ladera is known. Guests will see “Angelfish Ambassadors” throughout the resort, providing extra sanitizing for high traffic areas and offering additional support to guests. They will have Ladera tech wipes to clean cell phones, hand sanitizer, masks and other items that might be needed. Sensor Activated Sanitizers are at every entry point on the resort and pretty much anywhere a guest may need it.
- Responsible for ensuring all Ladera staff receive and implement COVID-19 training,
- Responsible for ensuring Ladera Resort is COVID-19 approved by the government of St Lucia
- Responsible for ensuring the new Forbes protocols for continuing excellence in service are implemented throughout the resort.
- These selected employees are in constant communication with the Health Department for guidance on management of suspect COVID-19 cases and a clear protocol has been established.
- Ladera’s “Angelfish Team” will follow the Public Health Act and the Hotel Regulations Act of the Government of St. Lucia protocols with all necessary equipment: disinfectant spray, infrared thermometers, etc
- Responsibilities will include maintaining all public hand sanitizers and wash stations are properly stocked and cleaned.
- All departments Front Desk, Restaurant, Housekeeping Maintenance will have a designated “Angelfish Ambassador Leader” for their area.
- Responsible for confirming Luggage is passed through the “Luggage Sanitizing Tunnel” and tagged with “guest suite name” and “suite number” and deliver directly to guest’s suite.
- All luggage entering the resort will pass thru a “Luggage Sanitizing Tunnel” to eliminate all bacteria and virus. Ecolab Oasis 146 Multi Quat Sanitizer will be used.
Physical / Social Distancing
- Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people who are not traveling with them while standing in lines or moving around the property.
- Restaurant tables, and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing.
- Employees will be reminded not to touch their faces and to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from guests and other employees whenever possible.
- Necessary floors mark will be placed to ensure proper distancing protocols are followed.
Hand Sanitizer and Wash Stations
- Hand sanitizer dispensers and washing stations are placed at key guest and employee entrances and contact areas such as the Driveways, Welcome Gazebo, Front Desk, Dasheen, Gym, Spa, Game Room, Hot Tubs, and the Main pool.
Menus and Special Orders
- Guests may order room service through their “Ladera In-Suite Tablet”
- Any request may be made on the “Ladera In-Suite Tablet” and the Ladera team will immediately review and respond to the guest.
- Guests may also use their “Ladera VIP Cell Phone” which they will have for use during their stay. This cell phone calls directly to the front desk or personal butler, where applicable, from anywhere on the island.
Tour, Excursions and pickups
- Ladera Resort works with licensed tour providers that will assist us in creating your private water excursions. One of our “Angelfish Ambassadors” will coordinate this with you to confirm.
- Guests leaving the resort will be asked to wait at the Gazebo for pick up.
- Taxi Drivers or Tour operators will go through the temperature screening process, get their “Special Care Wristband” and wait on their assigned parking space. No exiting of the car is allowed.
- Security will inform the front desk, the parking space where the taxi is located, a front desk agent will escort the guest to the designated parking space and open the door for the guest.
- When guests return to the resort, they will repeat the resort entry protocol above.
- All “Special Care Wristbands” will be discarded when exiting the property.
Private Car Airport Transportation
- All Drivers will receive daily temperature checks by our Airport Representative and our security personnel at the entrance to the resort.
- Our Airport Representative will inspect all vehicles 30 minutes before guest arrival.
- Cars will be sanitized in accordance with the St. Lucia Government regulations and Ladera standards. All vehicles are properly sanitized.
- When the vehicles arrive to the property, after the temperature screening and dropping the guest, security will log the name of the driver, his temperature and the condition of the car. This will be document in the “Ladera Special Care Log Book.”
- All Taxi Drivers will wait inside the car, once the guest has exited, they will proceed to the Exit Gate to follow exit protocol.
- No employee interaction or any other stop is authorized.
- Once entering the resort Drivers are instructed to drive less than 5 miles per hour, no honking, no loud music, not exiting the car.
Employee & Guest Health Concerns
- Ladera employees have been trained on the procedure to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property. We are ready to provide support to our guests.
- Employees are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are instructed to contact a manager if they notice a coworker or guest with a cough, shortness of breath, or other known symptoms of COVID-19.
- Employees and guests who exhibit any of the symptoms of COVID-19, while at the property, are instructed to immediately notify their manager or resort security, who will immediately activate our protocols. (EXHIBIT H)
- “The Ladera Angelfish Team” is trained to identify possible COVID-19 cases.
COVID-19 Case Notification
If Ladera is informed of a presumptive case of COVID-19 at the resort, the nurse and or doctor will be contacted immediately and the appropriate actions recommended by The Department of Health and Wellness will be followed. The “Ladera Angelfish Team” will ensure all protocols and processes are followed.
Nurse Station Management & Screening
- To support the “Ladera Resort Angelfish Team” a nurse station has been added to the Ladera health protocols.
- The Nurse Station assists the security department with the screening of employees, guests and visitors.
- The nurse will submit a daily report to the Epidemiology Unit on health status of guest and staff based on the parameters and reporting instrument that will be provided by the Epidemiology Unit
- Licensed registered nurse is stationed daily
- House Doctor on call 24 hours
- Soufriere Hospital is 15 minutes away
Guest Arrival via own transportation
- A security officer will greet each visitor to the resort.
- Visitors are temperature screened and asked to use hand sanitizer and wear a mask
- Appropriate signage is displayed outlining proper mask usage and current physical distancing practices in use throughout the resort.
Guest Sanitation Amenities
- All Ladera overnight guests will receive a Ladera Welcome Bag: which includes safety masks, tech wipes to sanitize phones and electronics, personal size hand sanitizer and COVID-19 awareness card.
Cleaning Products and Protocols
- Ladera Resort uses cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and blood borne pathogens.
- We have worked with our vendors, distribution partners and suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of these cleaning supplies and the necessary PPE.
- Ecolab is our partner in ensuring we get the best cleaning products available.
Public Spaces and Communal Areas
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequently used surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk check-in counter, bell desks, door handles, public bathrooms, and locks, and stair handrails, counters, gym equipment, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- The “Ladera Angelfish Team” will ensure that all procedures are continuously followed.
- Industry leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean suite, toilet seats, handles, doors, furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, in-suite control panels, light switches, luggage racks and flooring.
- Violet lights will be used to kill the existing viruses.
- Vacating suites will be out of inventory 24 hrs. after guest departure, to ensure proper sanitization and ventilation.
- All bed linen and laundry will be changed daily and continue to be washed at a high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines3.
- Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest suite to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry facility.
- Familiarize themselves with hand sanitizer and mask distribution points for guests and coworkers
Suite Recovery Protocol
- In the event of a presumptive case of COVID-19 the guest’s suite will be removed from service and quarantined.
- The guest suite will not be returned to service until the case has been confirmed or cleared.
- In the event of a positive case, the suite will only be returned to service after undergoing an enhanced sanitization protocol
Physical Social Distancing
- Throughout the resort Ladera will meet or exceed health authority guidelines on proper physical distancing.
- Signs and marks on the floor are implemented when necessary.
- Any area where guests or employees will queue, shall be clearly marked for appropriate physical distancing
- This includes check-in, check-out, and dining.
Resort Front Desk, and Concierge
- Agents will personally attend to one guest at a time to ensure separation between employees.
- The front desk designated “Angelfish Ambassadors” will ensure that all procedure and sanitation standards are followed.
- The Ladera personalized service will not be affected by these measures, as the Ladera team members have undergone the new enhanced Forbes Training.
- To facilitate minimal interfacing and adequate social distancing between guest and staff several measures have been implemented:
- Three check-in stations have been prepared
- Front desk staff will wear “PPE” at all times including masks and face shields.
- Markers are posted to show 6 feet physical distancing
- Hand sanitizing stations are available
- Front desk has an updated list of all contact numbers for focal point at the Department of Health, Respiratory Centers and Fire Service.
- Posters and information relevant to COVID-19 action plans, frequent use of hand sanitizers, cough and sneeze etiquette and social distancing have been installed.
- Cashless transactions are encouraged.
Restaurant and Bar
- Dasheen will reduce seating capacities to allow for a minimum of six feet between each seated group/party of guests.
- A sanitized wood stand will be provided on the table for guest to hang their mask while eating.
- Menus will be memorized by the servers and described to the guest.
- Only previously designated tables will be used during service to ensure proper distancing.
- If guest prefers to view the menu, they will be properly disinfected after each use and will be available to the guest.
Main Pool Cleaning & Sanitizing Protocol
1. All team members have been trained by Ecolab on the proper chemical dosages and procedures.
- Pool seating is configured to allow proper separation between groups and individuals
- Lounge chairs set with appropriate distance
- Lounge chairs to be sanitized after each use
- Handrails to be sanitized every 20 minutes
- Dining tables, chairs and loungers to be sanitized after each usage